Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Christmas Jokes on Hershey Miniatures - Budget Friendly DIY Craft Project

 
Chocolate candy with Christmas jokes on the wrapper.  What could be better during this fun time of year than combining yummy chocolate and silly jokes? 


 
These little candy treats are easy to make, budget friendly, and a great gift to share.

I started with two types of candy – Hershey Miniatures (the holiday variety with red, green, gold, and silver wrappers) and Andes Mints.  This provided some variety and they are family favorites.

Credit for the original template for the wrappers goes to The Hillbilly Princess Diaries.  I could have designed them myself but why?
Using the template I typed Christmas jokes onto each wrapper in the template using red and green font colors.  After printing the labels they were easily cut using my paper cutter although using scissors would have worked just as well. 
Clicking on this template will produce a full-size version.
Clicking on this template will produce a full-size version.
 

Attaching the labels is super easy.  The template creates wrappers that will overlap slightly in the back on the Hershey Miniatures.  Using an Elmer’s glue stick I applied a small amount of glue on the area that would overlap and they held perfectly.  The Andes Mints I purchased were a bit larger so I applied the glue to the entire back side of the wrapper and then attached them to the mints.  They held well but did not overlap in the back.

These miniature chocolates wrapped in jokes will be fun all holiday season long.  I used them as filler for our advent calendar, gave a small treat bag of them to co-workers, and added a few to my daughter’s lunch each day.  Kids and adults alike are starting conversations and laughing together over the jokes.  And after all, isn’t that part of what makes the Christmas season great – making happy memories together?
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment